No, your vineyard won’t look like this in August! This photo was taken in December before pruning the grapevines for winter.
- Warm weather with afternoon monsoonal showers.
- Daytime temeratures in 90° fahrenheit range, cooling into the 60° range overnight.
- Grapes are on schedule for ripening, averaging 1° brix per week.
- 2.37″ of rain from July 1 through July 16
- Low pressure from insects and disease.
- Applied bird netting 2 weeks ago – minimal damage to date.
- Signs of Tomato Horn Worms and Grape Leaf Skeletonizers. Spraying with Bacillus thuringiensis every 7 days beginning last week at first sign of pests.
Enjoying Keeling-Schaefer Syrah outside by the adobe fireplace.