These varmints showed up about a month before harvest. In the last two weeks, they began to eat at the canopy of the vines. The preferred method of eradication was placing a pheromone trap to lure the beetles away from the vines. This was done within the last week before harvest as shipping for the trap took longer than expected. These little pests… Continue reading Pests posing as guests A.K.A: Rose Chafer beetles
- Warm weather with afternoon monsoonal showers.
- Daytime temeratures in 90° fahrenheit range, cooling into the 60° range overnight.
- Grapes are on schedule for ripening, averaging 1° brix per week.
- 2.37″ of rain from July 1 through July 16
- Low pressure from insects and disease.
- Applied bird netting 2 weeks ago – minimal damage to date.
- Signs of Tomato Horn Worms and Grape Leaf Skeletonizers. Spraying with Bacillus thuringiensis every 7 days beginning last week at first sign of pests.